Saturday, December 15, 2007

Got a P25T scholarship for P45

I always get those types of calls at the office. A telemarketer introduces herself on the phone as being from a certain insurance company and tells me about a free one-year accident insurance. I always turn them down saying "wala akong balak maaksidente ngayon taon." (I don't intend to figure in an accident this year.)

I probably got no less than 20 of those calls in the past year. This last time, however, I got a call telling me that I have a free two-year scholarship for pick up in Makati. According to the lady, all I have to do was to present three valid identification cards at their office. My training-starved self immediately jumped on the opportunity.

The trip to Makati comprising of a jeep and an MRT ride cost me only P22.50, or P45 back and forth. On the way there I was speculating on what's going to be the "hitch" about the P25,000 scholarship. Maybe they will ask me to attend a marketing spiel. Maybe I have to purchase something. Maybe...

As it turned out, when I got to the company's office I was only made to fill up a form, asked a few questions, and made to present the three valid IDs. Maybe it was because I didn't have an existing credit, something that they seemed interested about. Then, I was given an education voucher of Datamex allegedly worth P25,000 and fully tranferable.

The hitch? Upon inquiry with Datamex, I learned that the voucher is usable only for their 2-year computer courses and would account only for the tuition. One would still need to pay their miscellaneous fees. Honestly, that's not much of a hitch to me. The yaya of my daughter who is a high school graduate has long been wanting to attend college, even just a two-year course. In all likelihood, the scholarship goes to her.

2 comments:

pmonchet said...

Same thing happened to our Store supervisor. You still have to shell out at least P3,000 plus or more as miscellaneous fee. It ended also as a gift to other people.

Unsugarcoated Reviews said...

well good thing it's transferable.

haha baka maging blogger na rin si yaya :D