Friday, May 11, 2007

Trial and error photography

I went home to the province last weekend to attend an important family event. I flew to Cebu on a Cebu Pacific flight, then rode a taxi to the Port of Cebu where I took a Supercat to Tagbilaran City, Bohol. At the Port of Tagbilaran, I contracted a good ol' tricycle to bring me home to our house in San Isidro, the second to the last barangay of the city going east.

As is always said, there is no place like home. Our place is a marriage of the urban and rural, a part of the city but which does not look anywhere like downtown. It is almost a kilometer away from the highway accessible only through a rough rocky road and with nearest neighbor maybe a hundred meters away. You can almost call the place a farm except that it is not. It is just our house.

Before we flew back to Manila, we took time to enjoy two of the popular tourist destinations in Bohol. First, we went to Loboc to take one more time the famed river cruise. At one point in the cruise, we were entertained by children singing and dancing in the tradition of the Loboc Children's Choir. Then, we spent a day at the Dumaluan Beach Resort in Panglao where the sand is white, the water calm, the beach perfect.

All in all, I would say it was a fun four-day break, fun which I tried to capture using my Sony DSC90 digital camera and my elementary, trial and error, photography skills. Well, at least I have already mastered the "half press" trick which I learned somewhere from the net and now am able to capture quick moments like the pool jump above. For those who want to see a bit of Bohol, check out my pics at Flickr and tell me what you think.

No comments: