Saturday, January 19, 2008

Accounting services for SMEs

While most large companies have huge accounting units and have ready access to large accounting and auditing firms, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) usually have to make do with the crudest record-keeping by its owners or managers as source of financial information.

This is unfortunate because no business is too small to benefit from a properly set up accounting system and to profit from reliable and timely generated information. Needless to say that the importance of these information is the same for SMEs as it is for large companies.

Reportorial requirements, though perhaps more complicated for large companies, are also generally the same for SMEs. In addition, the need for independent review, external audit and sometimes fraud investigation, is present even in SMEs.

With the advent of the information age, we are seeing thousands of these SMEs sprouting. In fact, I would not be surprised if there are a thousand SMEs per one large company in the Philippines. What I think is sad is that the accounting profession seem to be not quite ready to service their needs.

As I start a new career in public accounting practice, I resolve to be among the forerunners in this area. I want to make it my objective to address the needs of SMEs and be part of the fastest growing sector of our economy today.

In this effort, I will be providing services such as setting up of accounting systems as well as bookkeeping services, payroll processing, bank reconciliation, financial statement, tax return preparation, risk analysis, external audit, fraud investigation, management advice, tax compliance and audit assistance, among others.

For inquiries, call me, Gilbert E. Lumantao, Certified Public Accountant, at GEL Accounting Services, with landline no. 4560428 and mobile no. 09189387793. You may also email me at lumantao@gmail.com or message me at Yahoo Messenger (userid "gelumantao"). In case unavailable, just leave your contact information and I promise to get back to you as soon as possible.

You may visit my accounting website at http://gelacctngservices.onlinewebshop.net. The site is still under construction but the essential information is already there.

2 comments:

jas said...

hi, it's good to hear about accounting service for SMEs. though,i must say that we are on the same side, being a CPA myself. im interested in providing accounting services in our province but i dont know how to start.I hope u wont consider me as a competitor but rather a teamplayer in escalating accounting profession in the market. I will be forever grateful if u can give me advices and guidance regarding my plan. God bless u more and more!!!

Gibo said...

hi jas. san ang province mo? i actually just started my accounting practice a few months ago. and like you i also didnt know where to start. feel free to contact me at my contact numbers indicated at www.lumantao.com. i would be glad to assist you in whatever way.