Friday, December 7, 2007

Got a P4 3.0 with my first pay as a blogger

Ten months ago I decided to try to earn money from blogging. I experimented with several monetization schemes but only Google Adsense seemed to work. I quickly realized that earning from your blog wasn't easy. There were months when I thought there was no way I was going to get my first check.

As it turned out, I got my first pay a few days ago and I didn't get it by check. I claimed my first pay from Google Adsense at Western Union-Farmers Plaza in Cubao. There were no hassles and I only had to present a government-issued ID as well as the details of the money transfer.

What's cool about it was that I got my first pay without any deduction. The money transfer was totally free. On top of that, I passed by a booth giving out Western Union Gold discount cards for free. You just need to present a receipt to qualify. Lucky me. More, I also won a free wallet by choosing a number from their "magic" bowl.

After, I went straight to Pasig to check out a Pentium IV 3.0 advertised at Buy and Sell. Ronnie, a home-based technician was selling it at a very reasonable price. It wasn't brand new but the thing was working quite fine when I checked it. It was far faster than the PCs and laptops I've used before.

In short, I bought the Pentium IV 3.0 with my first blog pay and some additional amount donated by my sister working abroad. Now I am ready for some power computing. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

It's nice to hear a Boholano entrepinoy making money online. Well, thanks Gibo for the info that receiving Adsense money through Western Union is free. I didn't receive yet my first income online. But it will not take longer than three months.

Thanks again. Cheers for your online endeavor. God luck.

Bisayantek